Ashley L. Watlington-Simms
Charlotte School of Law Charlotte, NC
Juris Doctor Dec 2012
Honors: Pro Bono High Distinction
Western Carolina University Cullowhee, NC
BSBA Business Administration and Law May 2010
Honors: Dean’s List
Dr. George C. Simpkins Jr. Memorial Scholarship Recipient
Delta Sigma Theta Scholarship Recipient
North Carolina State Bar Admission April 2013
Westlaw Professional Research Certification September 2012
LexisNexis Professional Research Certification April 2011
Certified Mediator, NC NCAMP, 2009
Certified Nursing Assistant, NC Dec 2007-Aug 2011
- Guilford County District Attorneys’ Office Greensboro, NC
Assistant District Attorney Aug 2013-present
Ensures the adequate administration of justice by decreasing crime in Guilford County through effective prosecution.
- Hire Counsel/Special Counsel Winston Salem, NC
Contract Attorney April 2013-Aug 2013
Assists Am100 Law Firm with document review and data entry for a fortune 500 company.
- Judge Elizabeth Trosch and Judge Charlotte Brown Charlotte, NC
Judicial Clerk July 2011-August 2011
Prepared legal orders for judicial review and conducted an extensive amount of legal research.
- Legal Aid of North Carolina Concord, NC
MLK Summer Intern May 2012-July 2012
Used my practice legal license to represent below poverty clients on a daily basis in consumer law, family law and unemployment law matters.
- Western Carolina University: Business Law Department Cullowhee, NC
Administrative Assistant Aug 2007-May 2010
- Western Carolina University: Residential Life Department Cullowhee, NC
Residential Assistant May 2009-May 2010
- Nurse Technician plus 3, Wesley Long Community Hospital, Greensboro, NC, May 2008- Aug 2010
Assisted other health care professionals as needed with patient care; directly assisted patients with activities of daily living and served as a communicator between nurse and patient.
CNA, Skyland Care Center , Sylva, NC, Nov 2008- May 2009
- Certified Nursing Assistant – Independent Contractor, The Nursing Network, Sylva, NC, Dec 2007– Nov 2008
Catered to the western North Carolina Area, providing assistance as a CNA to local hospitals, long term care facilities, nursing homes, Alzheimer and dementia care facilities.
Pro Bono- Legal Volunteer Work
Youth Empowerment Fair Coordinator, Charlotte, NC 2012
Charlotte Mecklenburg Self Serve Center Volunteer, Charlotte, NC 2012